Sunday 16 January 2011

Countdown to... oh wait... no need for the countdown!

So, today was fun! Was supposed to be a few of us heading for breakfast at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club, but some lie-ins lead to it being just me and Vikki for breakfast. It was super scrummy though, and we'll be heading back there for breakfast again soon. It was a buffet involving just about everything: pastries; full English; cereals; bagels; fruit; drinks - the whole works! I ate Mickey waffles, and although Vikki was highly disturbed by the idea of eating a replica of The Boss, had to admit she wanted to try them (I recommend them - they're very good!). I am however, disappointed that there seems to be a distinct lack of baked beans in the US.

After that me and Vikki went for a wander around Boardwalk and discovered a little shop which is full of all sorts of wonderful curios we haven't found in any other location! I spotted a little dining locations guide to WDW, which I fear will become a permanent addition to Vikki's handbag. I have also now had a walk through the gorgeous white sand that forms the beach part of Beach Club. It's beautiful. We then took the stroll to Hollywood Studios past the lagoon stream that runs through the Epcot resort area. It's genuinely a lovely walk that I would suggest that you take if and when you visit Disney.

Once we reached Hollywood, we went for a bit of a look round the shops before watching American Idol and Disney Channel Rocks, at which point we were enjoying Mickey shaped ice-cream foodstuffs. Yummy. Unfortunately, Vikki had to head back to Epcot at this point for her shift a little later. However, I met up with Arran, Dan, Anna & co just at the same time, so that was pretty well timed!

We watched the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade which is the new Studios parade. I quite liked it, but I shan't spoil it for you as it's much more fun that way! After the parade, everyone left to spend the evening in Fort Wilderness, apart from Anna and me. We had a lovely afternoon completing various bits of Hollywood that we haven't done since we arrived in Florida, including the Backlot Tour and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I'm really quite excited because tomorrow we're planning on getting a lot of Magic Kingdom done! Snow White's Not-So-Scary Adventures, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and Peter Pan's Flight being part of the list...

I'll let you know how it goes! :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment